Sunday 19 April 2009

A Vision of Light

A Vision of Light: A Margaret of Ashbury Novel (Margaret of Ashbury Trilogy)

My review

rating: 5 of 5 stars
This is one of the select few books I read every so often to remind myself how good it is.

Being the picky sort, I can find some historical errors in it - but guess what? The writing is so good that it doesn't matter.
It's a magical book in more senses than one - the heroine, Margaret of Ashbury, has an unusual gift from God. It enables her to perform miracles, but it also gets her into all sorts of trouble.

I'm a great admirer of Judith Merkle Riley - her books are never dull, always full of lively invention and plot twists. If you haven't read this one, give it a try. Just don't expect the usual style of HF.

No comments:

Post a Comment